I traded away my 2012 NISSAN LEAF this week after 1 year and 7,500 miles. At this time the Chevrolet Volt is a better option for me. I was referred to a Volt sales specialist Chris Mauldin of Ben Mynatt Chevrolet in Concord, NC. I worked with Chris to find a beautiful Topaz Blue 2013 Volt with my specific options:
I love the car! So far the instruments show over 250MPG. I have used just 0.2 gallons of petroleum in a week. I expect this usage to drop to near zero most weeks as the preponderance of my driving is around town, less than the 38 EV Mile capability of the 2013 Volt. All the electrical power for my Volt has been from the sun in the beautiful afternoons we had this week.
Aside from the obvious flexibility of a 300 mile range, other things that were very important to me were:
1) The EV Battery Warranty, 8 years, 100,000 miles.
2) Thermal Management of the EV Battery.
3) A Volt Advisor dedicated to my car.
4) An on-board charger that does have trouble with the GE Wattstation and other chargers when the electrical power goes off.
5) Many more options on the car.